The Site Operating Procedures (SOP) set out how building locales ought to deal with the danger of Covid-19 spread by keeping up a system of individual cleanliness and social separating – laborers are to security two meters separated consistently any place handy and however much as could reasonably be expected. A second form of the SOP was distributed on fourth April – they are composed by Build UK for the benefit of the Construction Leadership Council – yet was torn up inside hours for going excessively far. Variant 2 said that work ought not proceed if social removing couldn’t be sufficiently watched and implemented. This contradicted some common norms of the monetary basic to keep the country working and the cash streaming. Form 3 adheres to the ‘at every possible opportunity’ philosophy, however has the expansion of a helpful hazard the executives table – Hierarchy of Controls. SOP Version 3 states: “On the off chance that you can’t work while keeping up a two meter separation, you ought to consider whether the movement should proceed and, assuming this is the case, chance evaluate it utilizing the progressive system of controls beneath and against any division explicit direction.”
- Workers who are unwell with symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19) should not travel to or attend the workplace.
- Rearrange tasks to enable them to be done by one person, or by maintaining social distancing measures. (two metres)
- Avoid skin to skin and face to face contact.
- Stairs should be used in preference to lifts or hoists and consider one ways systems.
- Consider alternative or additional mechanical aids to reduce worker interface.
- Only absolutely necessary meeting participants should attend.
- Attendees should be at least two metres apart from each other.
- Rooms should be well ventilated / windows opened to allow fresh air circulation.
- Consider holding meetings in open areas where possible.
Where the social distancing measures (two metres) cannot be applied:
- Minimise the frequency and time workers are within two metres of each other.
- Minimise the number of workers involved in these tasks.
- Workers should work side by side, or facing away from each other, rather than face to face.
- Lower the worker capacity of lifts and hoists to reduce congestion and contact at all times.
- Regularly clean common touchpoints, doors, buttons, handles, vehicle cabs, tools, equipment etc.
- Increase ventilation in enclosed spaces.
- Workers should wash their hands before and after using any equipment.
- Together in teams e.g. (do not change workers within teams)
- As small as possible.
- Away from other workers where possible.
Keep groups of workers that have to work within two metres:
Where face to face working is essential to carry out a task when working within two metres:
- Keep this to 15 minutes or less where possible.
- Consider introducing an enhanced authorisation process for these activities.
- Provide additional supervision to monitor and manage compliance.
- Where it is not possible to maintain a two metre distance, each activity should be risk assessed using the hierarchy of controls and against any sector-specific guidance, mindful that masks (RPE) are the last resort in the hierarchy.
- As small as possible.
- Re-usable PPE should be thoroughly cleaned after use and not shared between workers.
- Single use PPE should be disposed of so that it cannot be reused.
- Where personnel are required to work in specific environments (e.g. where persons are shielding, with symptoms, or confirmed Coronavirus (Covid-19) cases may be present e.g. healthcare or in a home environment) additional PPE should be considered specific to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) risk.
Sites should not use RPE for Coronavirus (Covid-19) where the two-metre social distancing guidelines are met:
The measures important to limit the danger of spread of disease depend on everybody in the business assuming liability for their activities and practices. It would be ideal if you empower an open and cooperative methodology among labourers and businesses on location where any issues can be transparently talked about and tended to.